May is National Motorcycle Safety Awareness Month and the Odessa Police Department would like to remind the public to “Look Twice” for motorcycles. On average, a motorcyclist dies in a crash every day in Texas.
The Odessa Police Department will be attending the Motorcycle Safety Awareness Event, "Rider Awareness Rally", on Saturday, May 20th at 11:30AM at Odessa City Hall (411 W 8th Street).
Motorcycle Awareness Tips:
1) Allow motorcycles the full width of a lane at all times.
2) Always signal when changing lanes or merging with traffic.
3) Check all mirrors and blind spots for motorcycles before changing lanes or merging with traffic.
4) Passenger car drivers must always allow greater following distance behind a motorcycle.
5) Always wear your helmet when operating a motorcycle!
6) Motorcyclists should avoid riding in poor weather conditions.