OPD wants to wish you and your family a safe New Years weekend. Here are some road safety tips to keep in mind:
1. KEEP YOUR DISTANCE - Observe a trailing distance of two seconds between your car and the car in front of you. Make sure you can see the rear tires of the car in front of you.
2. BUCKLE UP - Wear your seat belt at all times. It helps you stay protected.
3. OBSERVE THE SPEED LIMIT - This makes it easy for you to stop your vehicle when needed and gives you enough time to react to any changes on the road.
4. FOLLOW TRAFFIC SIGNALS - Prepare to stop at yellow lights and do a full stop at red lights. Be cautious and wait a few seconds before proceeding at the green light.
5. NEVER DRIVE AND DRIVE! Drinking alcohol will only impair your driving. Do NOT operate a vehicle when you're inebriated. You can lose your life or take someone else's life.