Crime Prevention Tips
"Parent's Guide to Fentanyl" Tips for Parents:
- Speak honestly with your kids about choices and risky behaviors.
- Be clear and consistent about family rules, boundaries, and guidelines.
- Listen to what they have to say, respect their opinions, and do not be judgmental.
- Encourage positive friendships and encourage them to find things that interest them.
- Educate them about online safety and safe and healthy social media use.
- Create a safe space for them to ask questions. Never make them feel wrong for wanting to know more about drugs.
- Correct wrong beliefs they may have with factual information. Help them learn, don't just lecture.
- Stay educated on current drug trends so you can teach your children.
The Odessa Police Department wants to wish you a safe and peaceful holidays and always remember these tips:
- Lock all door and windows when you leave your house.
- Avoid doing all your shopping at once.
- Avoid the peak hours.
- Don't leave your packages visible.
- Place all valuables in the trunk of your car.
- Don't give the thieves a reason to break into your car.